Digrevo template 092305 Digrevo: Is Facebook Taking over My Space? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 05, 2009

 

Is Facebook Taking over My Space?


I remember the first time I created a user profile on Facebook. It was this exciting new place where I got a chance to catch up with old friends from elementary school all the way through college. What I appreciated most was that Facebook allowed for users that were in college. At that time, Facebook was an intimate social network of the many people I went to school with, that were still in school.

As the site grew in popularity it would loosen its regulations allowing every one membership. This is where I started to loose my space. Random people would begin to request me as friends, chain mail is increasing in an alarming rate, and even local promoters flood my profile with event invitations. My personal space has been invaded, and with Facebook growing at its current velocity my space will never be the same.

My inbox is always flooded, my privacy is slipping out of my control, there are tons of applications that are on my profile page that are of no use to me, and most of all its too open to everyone. Where did my space go? Facebook had taken it along with many others, and it doesnt look like our space will every be the same.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?